- 500g frozen hake fillets
- 80ml (scant 1/3c) mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium apples, cored and grated
- 5ml (1t) mustard powder
- 5ml (1t) rosemary or thyme2ml (1/2t) aromat o
- r other flavour enhancer
- 45ml (3T) lemon juice, freshly squeezed (optional)
- A little grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Place the frozen fillets next to each other in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese, if using, into a thick paste.
- Spread the sauce of over the fish and sprinkle with a little cheese, if desired. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake, uncovered, for another 10 minutes, or until bubbly and slightly browned.