- 180ml butter (3/4 cup), melted
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 25ml (5t) freshly chopped parsley
- 10ml (2t) mixed dried herbs
- 2 extra large eggs
- 25ml (5t) oil
- 500ml (2 cups) lukewarm water
- 60ml (1/c cup) sugar
- 1 packet (10g) instant dried yeast
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch of ginger
- 2 x 250ml (5 cups) cake flour
- Mix all the ingredients for the garlic sauce in a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted. Cool and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, water and sugar.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, including garlic.
- Add the water mixture and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place until about double in volume, about an hour.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into 12 uniform balls.
- Roll each ball in the melted butter mixture and arrange in baking tin.
- Bake at 190 C for 35 to 40 minutes or until done and brown on top.