Ensure you start your new year with a delicious White Chocolate Popping Trifle to help you keep your 2016 New Year’s Resolutions.
A member of Culinary Team South Africa and one of four Lindt chocolatiers based in Cape Town, Arno Ralph encourages you to follow his special New Year’s dessert recipe below and enjoy!
White Chocolate Mousse:
Serves: 500g (12 X 100ml glasses)
Preparation time: 15mins
- 40g Milk
- 40g Cream
- 190g Premium White Chocolate
- 4g Gelatin Leaves
- 220g Cream
- Bring the milk and the first amount of cream to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Hydrate the gelatin, when ready, dissolve into hot liquid.
- Pour hot liquid over chocolate to form a smooth mass. Allow to cool slightly.
- Lastly, whip the cream to soft peaks and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Set aside in fridge to set.
Spiced Caramelized Pears:
Preparation time: 5mins
- 6 Pears, peeled and cut into cubes
- 300g Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Star Anise
- Make dry caramel with the sugar by gradually melting it in a pot until desired caramel is reached.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring with a spatula.
- Cook for 2mins or until pears are el dente.
- Strain pears and remove spices.
- Allow to chill.
Preparation time: 20mins
- 100g Flour
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 100g Room Temperature Salted Butter
- 100g Sugar
- 15g Ginger Powder
- Combine all ingredients into one mass.
- Bake at 180°C for 10mins.
- Allow to cool and blend in food processor until sandy consistency.
Dark Chocolate Ganache:
Preparation time: 10mins
- 250g Premium Dark Chocolate
- 250g Cream
- Bring cream to the boil and pour over chocolate.
- Stir until smooth consistency.
- Set aside until set at room temperature (can take up to 3 hours).
- Place cooled caramelized pears in the base of the glass.
- Pipe white chocolate mousse above the pears along the side of the glass, leaving the centre open.
- Place a few popping candies in the centre.
- Pipe chocolate ganache on top of popping candy in centre, then enclose with mousse.
- Place ginger crumble on top of the mousse.
- Decorate with chocolate garnish or desired décor.
For more information on Culinary Team SA, log on to: www.saca.co.za/culinary_team_south_africa.html
Join the Facebook page on www.facebook.com/Culinary-Team-SA-121211054527