Notice: Undefined index: author_name in /home/myjozico/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-schemaorg-rich-snippets/functions.php on line 568
Looking for the perfect Macaroni & Cheese Recipe? Do yourself a favour and try out this recipe!
- +/- 300g Macaroni
- 1 Punnet of mushrooms (diced)
- 1 can of cream styled sweetcorn
- 1 medium sized onion (diced)
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 200g diced bacon
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil or butter
- 50g butter
- 2 table spoons of plain butter
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt or add salt to taste
Prepare all the ingredients separately unless otherwise specified.
- On a medium heat, add the 1 tablespoon of cooking oil or butter and add the diced onions. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Add in the diced punnet of mushrooms and allow to cook through. Once cooked remove from the heat and setting aside.
- Fry or grill the diced bacon until it is crispy and set aside.
- In a pot, boil the macaroni to al dente (follow instructions on macaroni packaging) and set aside.
- Prepare your cheese sauce using the method below:
Cheese Sause Method
Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until melted. Slowly add the flour and cook while stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. Whisk in the milk in 3 or 4 parts, do not forget to whisk all the time to prevent lumps.
Cook for about 4 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in cheese and continue stirring until the cheese has melted in.
- In a medium sized casserole dish, start adding your cooked ingredients starting with a layer of macaroni, onions/mushrooms, sweetcorn, bacon and cheese sauce. End with a layer of macaroni topped with a little bit of sweetcorn followed by 2 cups of grated cheese.
- Add the completed dish to a pre-heated oven (180 degrees calculous) or until the cheese turns a golden brown.
Serve and ENJOY!