This amazing recipe is by the legendary Katlego “Kat” Mohoaduba
“Kat is a reality TV star for a show called Diski Divas which aired on Mzansi Magic from April through to July. She has a passion for radio & television & is hoping to make her presence felt in this industry.”
- 1.5kg Chicken wings, halved at the joint
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey/ syrup
- 45ml (3T) Worcestershire sauce
- 30ml (2T) finely grated ginger
- 30ml (2T) Olive Oil/ sun flower oil
- 15ml (1T) Hot Sauce Tobasco
- Salt ( season to taste)
- 45ml (3T) Tomato sauce
- Fresh Parsley
- In a large bowl, mix together the honey, Worcestershire sauce finely grated ginger, Olive oil/ sunflower oil, hot Tabasco sauce, Tomato sauce and salt. Add the chicken wings and mix around to insure all the wings are coated in the marinate. Leave wings to marinate overnight in the fridge or leave to marinate for 4hours.
- Heat oven to 180C. Place foil on baking tray. Drain and reserve the marinate, then spread the wings out on to the baking tray. Bake for 30mins, then pour off the excess oil. Once excess oil has been drained add the reserved marinate and toss well. Increase oven to 200C and cook for further 30mins or until wings are glazed marinate & sticky. Serve on a platter dish with fresh parsley as garnish.