The team at MyJozi have been fascinated with WISH for some time now. In our previous article about Buying from WISH in South Africa performed really well but we had many comments about items not arriving and refunds not being made.
Here are a few tips to ensure that you get your refund back when you are due a refund.
The most important thing to remember is to request your refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. They will reject your refund request if you wait longer than 30 days.
Requesting a WISH Refund
To request a refund, follow these basic steps:
- On the WISH App or Website, click on the menu and navigate to “Order History”
- Locate the order that you want a refund on and select “Contact Support”
- An automated help window will open that will ask you a series of questions
- Select the options relating to your order not arriving
- WISH will give you the option of a credit, re-ordering or receiving a refund
- If you want a refund, be sure to select the right options
The refund will be made back to the payment method that you used to pay for your order. Allow a few days for the refund to happen. In our experience, it takes about a week.
A point to remember here is to request the refund within 30 days of the estimated arrival dates. If you send the request anytime after this, you will be declined a refund.
WISH Packages Not Arriving
About a year back, we had no issues with receiving every order that we placed with WISH. A year down the line, things are very different. We are now not receiving anything that we order from WISH.
Is the issue with WISH or the South African Post Office? We will leave you to decide!
In our opinion, buying from WISH and other “cheap” online websites is a thing of the past. International and local postal systems do not seem reliable enough to support this business. But we could be wrong and there is always the hope that our packages will arrive one day…