Six African stars have united to pay tribute in song to Nelson Mandela, ahead of International Mandela Day on Saturday 18 July.
‘Viva Mandela, Tata Madiba’ is performed by Runtown (Nigeria), Wax Dey (Cameroon), Cassper Nyovest (South Africa), Simphiwe Dana (South Africa), Banky W (Nigeria), and Shaydee (Nigeria). It is produced by O’magic (Angola).
The song is currently available on MTN Music Plus and MTN caller-tune downloads in South Africa, but the official release is set for Saturday 18 July on iTunes worldwide, and all MTN platforms across Africa. Part of the proceeds will go to the Nelson Mandela Foundation’s charity of choice.
The artists will unite for an exclusive performance in Johannesburg on Friday 17th, during a Mandela tribute concert that will be streamed live on MTN Music Plus, from 11am-4pm SAST (10am-3pm CAT).
Spend Your 67 Minutes at the Fun-Filled DARG Mandela Day Fair as a Helping Hand
DARG, is a pro-life organisation based in Hout Bay that rescues, cares for, sterilizes and re-homes abused, neglected and abandoned cats and dogs. The team at DARG are calling on private and corporate members of society looking to do good this Mandela Day by joining their team at the Valley Farm Stall on Valley Road in Hout Bay for their 67 minutes of public service.
How you can get involved:
- Pay R10 entry and attend the DARG Mandela Day fair on Saturday 18th July 2015 from 09h00 – 16h00
- Spend 67 seconds to sign a debit order for R50 or more a month [debit order forms can be emailed to you] – we still need 1000 monthly pledges to help us cover our expenses
- Make a donation into the DARG trust account; FNB branch code: 201409; Account number 624 7170 2897 or go to https://www.payfast.co.za/donate/go/darg
- Set up a fundraising initiative at your office / school / amongst friends
- Spend R67 or more to enter our raffle prize draw
- Spend 67 seconds to apply for a MySchool MyVillage Myplanet card and make DARG the beneficiary
- Support our auction at 14h00 on Saturday 18th July.
Event Dates: Friday 17th July and Saturday 18th July 2015
Time: 09:30am – 16:00pm
Entrance fee: R10
Address: Valley Farm Stall, Valley road
DARG Mandela Day Fair – WISHLIST
- Dry and canned food for dogs, cats, puppies and kittens
- Dog biscuits and treats
- Toys for dogs and cats
- Kong Treat Balls
- Squeaky toys
- Bags of plastic balls
- Dog & cat shampoo
- Dog & cat tick & flea control
- Cat litter trays
- Verimark type sponge mops
- Plastic spray bottles
- Plastic garden rakes
- Fencing (any type)
- Razor-wire for perimeter wall: R10 000
- Shelving and wall brackets for our Food Rooms
- Jojo Kennels : R850 each
- Fleece blankets: R875 for 25
- Plastic dog beds
- Hot water bottles
- Second hand clothing
For further information please contact Debra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 790 0383 to book arrival time for big groups.